Health Education/Outreach Request
In our Health Promotion programs, trained health educators collaborate with partners throughout the community, such as work sites, schools, faith based community groups, and families to promote healthy lifestyles.
Health Promotion staff can provide workshops and presentations on a variety of topics promoting community health and well-being. We will be pleased to provide requested services for your organization or event, dependent on the availability of staff.
- Information Table – See “Topics Of Interest” below.
- Presentation – If you would like a one time presentation tailored to your classroom, resource fair, employee fair, student organization, or church group, please complete the Health Promotion Outreach Request form below.
- Blood Pressure Checks – Free BP checks. Space must be able to accommodate a table, two chairs and two adults. Air conditioned space is highly recommended. Please call
- Flu Shots (Seasonal) – Please call 910-798-6500 for pricing information. Space must be able to accommodate a table, two chairs and two adults. Air conditioned space is highly recommended.
- HIV/Syphilis/Hepatitis C Testing – Free testing in non-traditional settings. Testing space must be private and able to accommodate 3 adults, a table and 3 chairs. Air conditioned space is highly recommended. Grant funding to support this services or condom distribution is no longer available.
- Bike Safety Rodeo – Ideally designed for ages 5-12. Bike Rodeos are opportunities to educate parents and children about the safety aspects of riding a bicycle on streets and roads. The goal is to empower young cyclists with a minimal set of skills for on-road riding and teach them rules of the road. A large parking lot area is needed to design a course that can be blocked off from all other traffic, along with volunteers to help man the course as kids ride and assist with helmet fittings and bike checks. Participants are required to wear helmets.
- Hot Car Temperature Display – The “Hot Car” temperature display is a tool for demonstrating how quickly the temperature inside a vehicle can rise. The display requires electricity and a demo vehicle. An additional volunteer to assist with set up is highly recommended. Cannot be set up during inclement weather.
- Medication Display Board – A look-a-like display board showing a variety of potentially poisonous items that look like non-poisonous items. The board is used as a tool to educate parents and children on potential poisonings that can occur in the home.
Requests must be submitted at least one month in advance of requested date to receive full consideration.
To download a PDF version of this form click here.
Request an Outreach Event